Signs you need a replacement furnace in Colorado Springs
Our technicians always think that they have seen it all until they start to find snakes and mice inside furnaces because they haven’t been cleaned and checked in so long! Seriously, we have found dead animals in people’s furnace, which is another reason to get your furnace cleaned and checked before you have to deal with what you have been dreading, having to replace your home’s furnace!
Living in Colorado Springs or the surrounding cities means that weather can go from hot to cold and when it is cold, you need your furnace properly working for your family to stay safe in freezing temperatures. The unfortunate part of a furnace breaking down is that you can’t make it happen when it is convenient for you, and it will always occur when it is cold out because that is when you turn it on.
You can’t choose when your furnace breaks down, but you can look for these signs that it might breakdown:
- Age – just like everything else in your home, when things get old, they start to break down. When your furnace gets around 15 years old, it’s time to make sure you are always getting it checked before turning it on (you should be doing annually anyway).
- Rooms feel that they are at different temperatures
- Excessive dust throughout your home
- Unusual noises
- Signs of rusting or cracks around your furnace
- A more frequent need for repairs
- Increasing energy bills
Even though you can’t stop your home’s furnace from eventually breaking down, you can prevent it from breaking down, and we can help. Summit Heating & Cooling is a locally owned and operated Colorado Springs HVAC company that cares about helping you save on your AC or furnace’s costly breakdowns. Our team proudly serves the following Colorado cities and their surrounding areas: Colorado Springs, Monument, Palmer Lake, Peyton, Falcon, Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, Fountain, Security-Widefield, and Calahan. Call 719-284-2791 to schedule your next AC maintenance or furnace check or visit our website to learn more.